Thursday 28 February 2013

ROULETTE SHOW AND PRESENT

Roulette show and present

After presenting my previous ideas and discussing with my lecture we came across some problems with my design. First with the sound chip that would be inside the handles. This could lose its effect in a room as it could be muffled out by other sounds around it. Secondly the smell chip may also be mixed with the smell of other food. I decided to scrap the idea but still stay loyal to my idea of stimulating the sense.

Research: - http://www.thefatduck.co.uk

Taking nothing for granted and using a scientific approach to cooking.
1995 The Fat Duck opened in a 450 year old pub in Bray.
Physicist Dr Peter Baraham introduced Heston to Professor Tony Blake who became a loose network of scientists and academics that developed the restaurant. They researched: How the brain influences our appreciation of food.
So I think that the cutlery must have a scientific aspect to it to make it engaging and fitting for Heston's restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment