Thursday 28 February 2013

Sketches of ideas

Sketching

Starting of with a few sketch ideas I noted some key words and areas I wanted to explore. The idea to stimulate the senses has lead me to look at the five sense we have - smell - sound - touch - sight and taste. I thought about the two main dinning menus in the restaurant, the sea experience and the farmyard experience. I wanted to firstly incorporate the sound of the sea into the cutlery handle that would have a small recordable microchip embedded within it. This would then play the sound while the user ate. In the farmyard handle I thought about having not only sound playing from the handle buy also little air vents on the handle that could release a smell. I wondered if it would be possible to add the smell of a farmyard such as grass. After some research I found that wheat grass could be added inside the handle to have the smell of grass. The texture of both handles would also be in this theme, the sea handle would be designed from rare seashell shapes and the farmyard handle from a Hoff shape, covered in fir. With this design the user would smell, hear and feel the experience.









No comments:

Post a Comment